Thursday 9 January 2014

Poetic Tea (International Poetry Collaboration)




My pen was empty 
The ink spilled 
but not on my poetry pad
so bad to make one sad.

I was thinking to quit
and abandon my hobby
for a new 'hubby'; my egocentric empathy.

When suddenly,
You knocked at my door
and asked me for a poetic tea
Will I not serve you
to keep your soul warm?

By: Ligaw Makata (Philippines)

My pen like a plucked leaf is wry
Its ever flowing ink is dry
My soul is as thirsty as a camel
It is deserted by inspiration
Stranded in the desert of frustration.

Spotting a spotless mug of poetic tea
I call unto my pen to drink
And be revived
For the journey that lies ahead
Will not condone fainting.

O Poetess Ligaw,
My pen is revived
To pursue its purpose
Crying out loudly,
"How beneficial is symbiotic association to man?"

By: Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom (Nigeria)

Written by: Ligaw Makata and Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom clamouring for beneficial association among writers.

No comments: