Saturday 15 June 2013

BENT BUT NOT BROKEN


BENT BUT NOT BROKEN (Dedicated to Nelson Mandela and Chief M.K.O Abiola)

Deep within me
I thirst for comfort
But I wouldn't compromise
Justice for its existence;
Wounded, I truly was
But I wouldn't substitute
My integrity for recovery.

I am bent but not broken
My body is weak but vibrant
My hand aches but is folded up
In preparation for a fight;
My eyes are dim
But opened to my aim
My aim would not me miss.


Legs wobbling in rigidity
Voice hoarse but sonorous
Head dangling but unbowed
Heart beating the drum
Of fairness and equality
Persecutors dancing to the rhythm
But mocking the tune.

If it will take all my bones
To be utterly broken
Before I can obliterate
The evil which mocks my glee,
honour and Strength
I wouldn't give a damn!

Written by:Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom

I have posted this poem online before,but I dedicated it to no one.I was inspired to write this piece as a result of my reflection on the heroic and courageous deeds of Chief M.K.O Abiola and Nelson Mandela.
 — with Eriata Oribhabor and 2 others.
2Unlike ·  ·  · Tag Friends

No comments: